1. The Motley Fool, always a popular choice: http://www.fool.com
2. StockCharts has both a glossary of trading terms and a feature called ‘Chart School’ which details how to read a chart in fabulous detail: http://www.stockcharts.com
3. Overview of how stocks are traded. Very basic: http://stocks.about.com/od/tradingbasics/
4. Comprehensive glossary of investing terms: http://www.investorwords.com/
Here are the steps to enable live automated trading between Robotic Trading Software™ and the broker (InteractiveBrokers.com ).
1. Install the InteractiveBrokers Trader Workstation (TWS). http://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-bin/windows_standalone_tws.pl
2. Log in to IB.
3. Resize the TWS screen (in half, leaving it as tall as the Robotic Trading Software™ screen) so that it only takes up the right half of your monitor. That way, both applications will be side by side when you run the Robotic Trading Software Automated Trader.
4. From the IB Menu, Select Configure & API and place a check mark next to Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients.
5. From the IB Menu, Select Configure & API & Socket Port and enter 7496
6. From the IB Menu, Select File and click on Save Settings.
The first time you run the Robotic Trading Software Automated Trader in "Live" mode, Robotic Trading Software will prompt for your IB username and password. Robotic Trading Software™ will then AUTOMATICALLY START IB AND TYPE IN YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR YOU. You must allow Robotic Trading Software to type your username and password into the IB login screen. This is necessary so that the Robotic Trading Software application can automatically log into IB every time it starts in the future.
If IB is already running when you start Robotic Trading Software, Robotic Trading Software will stop IB and restart it again. This is necessary so that both applications can be in sync at startup.
If you have any trouble getting the Interactive Brokers Workstation to run with Robotic Trading Software™, email or call us and we’ll do our best to get you running and making money!